Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And where are my super MOM powers?



Almost every morning the girls and I will wake up, eat breakfast and they will watch Dora while I get myself together..or I fiddle on the computer for a few minutes. As i walk into the living room where Hayley is laying, I notice her licking her fingers...the obvious clue is the plate of cookies on the counter with the foil wrapping slightly askew. So i ask her if she ate a cookie and she giggles. I tell her that it is not a big deal and that i just want her to be honest. So she goes into a 5 minute explanation of why she would not eat a cookie this hour of the day, which to me is a dead give away that she simply ate the cookie. The problem was not that she ate a cookie, it was that i COULD NOT tell if she was telling me the truth. She was SO convincing. And usually, I feel pretty perceptive. But lets be honest. HOW perceptive do you really need to be with a 4 year old. They are not very good liars. So then i rely on my mommy powers to let me know the truth...no luck. You know, those "feelings"..the "intuition"..or "little birdy". WHATEVER. Or maybe they will kick in when something actually matters..probably when she is a TEENAGER.

2 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

That is hilarious!!!! By the way, where are you? You never emailed me back.

Sarie said...

Cute photo! And I laughed at Leah's hair below, that is hilarious. I bet you LOVE your new house stilL!!