Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just a thought...



My friend's husband is leaving a SECOND time to go over seas and just being with them recently has triggered alot of emotions and memories for me. It was about 5 years ago that Matt left to go to Iraq and be a part of the first convoy up into Baghdad. I was living with my mother in law and pregnant with Hayley. I am sure all of you know someone who has served or is serving in the military. That experience changed me forever. I cant sing the national anthem without getting choked up. I want to hug every Veteran that I see. I NOW know what true brotherhood is. I love the guys that Matt served with because i know WITHOUT A DOUBT that they would have taken a bullet for him. During those few months I would lay on my bed gripped with fear not knowing FOR SURE that he would return. I believed that he would come home but I knew it was a possibility that I might have to hand him over to the Lord regardless of how hard that would be. Neal A Maxwell said " For the faithful,our finest hours are sometimes during or just following our darkest hours." i am sure that i could have had more faith that he Lord would bring him home, but seeing him for the first time was one of my "finest hours".

7 comments:

Whirl Winds said...

I love your blog site. It's so great. I am so happy for you guys finally being able to move into your beautiful home. I always love the "Polie Stories" too.
McKenzi

Sarie said...

You jerk. That picture totally made me cry. And I've already cried over some video someone sent me today already, so thanks a lot Lori!! No really, that picture is BEAUTIFUL. It represents so much. I miss you guys.

McGinnis Family said...

You have such faith!!! You always have! You amaze me!

Kara said...

I remember that! My mom was your visiting teacher at that time! She was so proud of you, I was in high school still and she was like I VT the cutest girl.......!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shawni said...

Lori, thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I love your sister Jen...she is amazing. And I can tell from your blog that you are too. You have some great stories on here, and I so admire you being brave as your husband is off doing dangerous things. That would be so tough. Anyway, thanks again for saying hi...I'll have to keep tabs on you. Tell Jen hi.

Marci said...

Yeah, thanks a LOT Lori- I'm pretty sure I know those 2 hugging in that picture and it is WAAAY too emotional for me to even look at. We have so much- and so many people, to be grateful for.