Sunday, February 17, 2008

PREGNANCY CRAZINESS

I just thought that i would take a moment and blog about how crazy my mind and body can be while I am pregnant. Hopefully you will get a good laugh. First of all, eating pickles wrapped in turkey for breakfast is definately not normal. The good thing is that I have eaten more grapefruit this preganacy than I have in my entire life. My life seems to be ruled by my kids..and then my bladder, which equals..loss of sleep. That might explain the weird dreams. Last night i had a dream that I had not seen Matt in awhile and so I just wanted to cuddle with him..but then he turned into a giant piece of beef..a juicy roast with gravy on it to be exact. So loss of sleep plus weird dreams equals emotional breakdowns to complete strangers in public places. Yes, while I was shopping for maternity clothes my kids were running around in the store totally out of control. The store manager even reprimanded myself and my children. So after a depressing session of trying on maternity clothes scrutinizing every piece of clothing that i managed to put over my expanding waistline, I had had enough. And when i came out of my dressing room, a really nice lady who had compassion on me gave me some words of comfort because she had raised 8 boys. Then came my breakdown and i had tried to convince her that I really am a normal person. But after re-reading this blog entry, maybe I am not..or I am just pregnant!!

6 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! You are alive???? I am seriously speechless, want to cry, and so excited I could pee my pants ALL AT ONCE!!!! Where have you been all my life, at least for the past 5 years?!?!?!? Holy crap! Email me! mcginnis_78@comcast.net!

Crystal said...

I like to call it Placenta Brain! Definitely blame it on the pregnancy and accompanying hormones.

Unknown said...

Oh, Lori... I'm so sorry. I do not miss that at all. Why does pregnancy have to be so hard in every sense? Is it not enough that we care for these wild animals after they come out?! On a happier note, I hope your hair appointment went well! I bet you look fabulous! love you, girl!

Sarie said...

I can always say that you are one person that has girls that equal my girls' craziness! But I love you for it. Yes we are together in this, dear one. You will be normal again soon. I think everyone has to have a psychotic episode every now and then. Ours are just every day. No big deal.

MaryClaire Brown said...

you're not crazy...you're just pregnant. as in all things...this too shall pass. but, what were you thinking trying to go to the mall to shop for maternity clothes with your 2 girls. you need an afternoon to yourself for that one. looking back on my pregnancy with natalie, i'm really impressed with brian that he is still around to talk about it. i was a mess!

Amy said...

Lori,
how fun to see you found our family blog. I am glad you like all the music, I had a fun time compiling all of it into one short list of my favorites. I am happy to see that you are doing well. hang in there with the pregnancy...being pregnant is so hard but it just seems to melt away when you hold your little baby in your arms for the first time. funny how fast we can forget! say hi to your family for me.
xo amy