Monday, January 7, 2008

Have You Tried Skeeball?

This evening Matt and I took the girls to the 4th happiest place on earth..Chuck E Cheese. It was so nice to just be together. Matt is always such a fun Dad even when he has been up for almost 24 hours and his eyes are glazed over. For some reason I am reluctant when it comes to playing games..any games. I get nervous playing Uno. I do not have one competitive bone in my body...not even a sliver...EXCEPT when it comes to Skeeball..watch out. I have never played golf but I think Skeeball would be like golf for me. I become incredibly focused and i could spend hours doing it. And considering you have to spend a whole QUARTER for 7 balls, it could quite possibly be as expensive as golf..well almost, okay not really. So of course after an excellent round of Skeeball, Matt wanted to challenge me. UGGGHHH. But i won. All of a sudden my self-esteem is based on how many stinkin' tickets came out of the machine. For some sad reason Matt is always shocked when I am really good at something other than vacuuming in incredibly straight lines. Like when he saw me snowboard for the first time. Mind you, I stick to the intermediate slopes and its taken me 7 seasons to become decent. Anyways, that shocked him. So I left Chuck E Cheese with my head held a little higher..Skeeball works wonders.

2 comments:

Derrick said...

Lori,
My sweet Lori, you are so funny and I can picture you skeeballing at Chuck e Cheeses with your head held high... however you should walk around the Earth with your head high for all of the things you do so well. I know you know this but let me list just a few...
- listening to a friend when they need you
- picking out an outfit
- writing (if I had a blog it wouldnt be nearly as creative or funny)
- anything in the kitchen but especially cookies and fresh veggies steamed to perfection
- painting/drawing
- dancing
- caring for elderly
- decorating a house
- sleeping :)
- TOB (aerobics queen)
anyway, I love you Lori. I miss our days in Provo together! sorry for the long comment but I have some pretty strong opinions about the subject. :) -Ang

megsmelville said...

Just curious, when was the first time you played skeeball? Was with me in Catalina? =) Ah, to be a kid again!