Sunday, April 27, 2008

Parenting Skillzzzz

So today after church, Matt and I were sitting on our front porch. We usually ask our kids what they learned at church that day. Matt asks Hayley what she had learned and her reply was "umm.... stuff". He asks her twice more. She's not sure. AND THEN HE SAYS as he spots what he thinks is a dime out of the corner of his eye.."If you tell me what you learned at church I will give you money." UMMM...WHAT? What was that tactic? I was laughing so hard that she thought Daddy was joking and blew off the conversation. Then we ask Leah. Response: nuffing. What did you learn about? Response: playing. Did you learn about Jesus? Response: nope. i also feel the need to mention that Leah jumped off the TOP bunk last night and i thought she broke something. Dont worry people, we have this parenting thing under control...right?

4 comments:

Sarie said...

Ba ha ha ha ha!!!!! I love Leah's "nope"! I seriously love your family!

Unknown said...

he he he! Silly girls! I often wonder if what I'm teaching sinks in, and then a revealing moment will happen where I'm sure it has. Children are wonderful! I can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!

Kara said...

Just think you have another one coming! I love the that they learned "stuff" at least it wasnt't the normal primary answers like I learned about going to church and the scriptures and praying!

Lisa said...

Haha, your girls crack me up. Don't worry about your parenting though, you are definitely not alone. My girls jumped off the top bunk so many times they broke their beds...