Sunday, April 6, 2008

Motherly Love

Sometimes i cannot believe the words that come out of my mouth in response to the behavior of my 2 almost 3 year old. I understand that this age can be difficult, but I am having a hard time drawing the line between age appropriate behavior and just plain craziness....for my 2 year old that is. I have concluded that I am already crazy... here are some commonly used phrases that are uttered..
Leah! get off the counter!
Stop putting your toys in the fridge!
Please dont kiss the snake..she might bite you.
Get your hand OUT of your pants!
Stop gagging yourself..you might barf.
DONT bite your toenails!
Please stop stepping on your sister!
Do NOT drag Jax (our lizard) around by the leg OR tail!
No, you CANNOT play with the mealworms..they are Jax's dinner..take them OUT of your pocket please.
Please dont spit on the floor
WHY did you pee on the floor? Again?!
Stop licking the glass!
No, you cannot watch Gremlins..it will give you bad dreams!
PLEASE, PLEASE dont clog the toilet..we have exceeded our toilet paper allowance.
No, we cannot go back to Tarzans treehouse until you get therapy!
Okay, so the last statement is not actually uttered, but almost.

4 comments:

Kara said...

And to think I some times I am sad I don't have kids! HEHE! Just kidding glad it is you and not me!

Marci and Morgan said...

Hilarious. I doesn't get any better than this- that is all...

Sarie said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH i'm so glad I'm not the only one. I bought Ruby a milkshake today and before we even drove the two blocks home, she had it all over the window and was spitting down the straw aiming right at her feet. Choc milkshake everywhere. She is dirty and tough and grimy and super mischevious. I am afraid, very afraid, of what the future holds...

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I've said most of those things (minus the animals, luckily I have managed to avoid mealworms:) Sometimes I feel helpless, all day long words keep coming out of my mouth and behaviors don't seem to change. Your girls are cute, from my perspective they seem like perfect little angels!