Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If I had my choice....






I would be HERE. These are pictures of my Grandma's house back in Illinois, just a few miles from Nauvoo. It is the most peaceful and beautiful place. I was back there with my mom, dad and a couple of my sisters for a family reunion a couple of years ago. My Grandma's house is surrounded by cornfields and dirt roads (that you can drive very fast on). The Nauvoo temple is a few miles away and one of the BEST experiences of my life was going as a family to that temple. It was a very sacred experience. My Grandma always has ALOT of food at her house..fresh corn, homemade apple sauce, cookies and fresh tomatoes with cottage cheese - YUM. I am DYYYING to take my girls back there. Hopefully someday soon.

2 comments:

Katie said...

This is Jordan not Katie...

The United States has the most beautiful places in the world and the most amazing and diverse cultures. When I am filthy rich and want to start traveling I am going to do it right here in the US, and Illinios is toward the top of my list.

The next time you go to the Nauvoo temple, check out the oxen at the baptisimal faunt. My brother Wade carved about half of them. I'm pretty sure your not sapposed to brag about things like that, but that's just my style, plus I'm bragging on my brother not myself.

Rangi said...

Lori, i think you asked when I was coming to utah a long time ago, sorry... here is the answer a little late! June 15-29. Would love to get together! sara