Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, my Delicious Chunck Of Love.




I am pretty sure that I loved my other babies as much as I have loved Reese..I think. How could I have not, right? But there is this connection with her and i. Something magnificent. Something so great that it makes my heart melt everyday, several times a day. I am her drug and she is mine. Her place on my hip, with her arm woven in mine is just perfect. Seeing her first thing in the morning with her rosey cheeks and her bed head makes my day start out right. Maybe its the fact that she came 3 years after Leah and it was quite awhile before i could behold baby chub again because oh, that chub is cuter than it has ever been. Though chaotic and many moments of self doubt, in this last 365 days she has tapped into the place in my heart where immense adoration flows and love just spills from me. She is my Reesey boo.

4 comments:

Sarie said...

Another beautiful post!!!! And seriously, I want to STEAL her with that chubby belly. It is just ridiculous, Lori. That last photo, she looks so much like Haley it's crazy! Happy Birthday Reesey.

Carrie said...

That post was AMAZING! It made me cry. I feel the exact same way about my Addie girl. "She is my drug and I am hers". I LOVE IT!

Mindy Goorchenko said...

What a lovely tribute to your beautiful Reese. I have fallen in love with her through your blog, so I can't imagine how ecstatic it must be to have her with you in real life. :)

Derrick and Angie said...

You are so good at expressing that feeling you have towards your baby! I feel those same things towards Grace and it was so fun to hear it in words that I would not have been able to express myself. You have a gift! Love you Lori! Happy Birthday Reese!