Sunday, November 30, 2008

TIRED OF IT.

So brace yourself, because I am going to get REALLY personal here. Fact: I have about 20 icky pounds to lose from my indulgent 9 months of pregnancy. So I feel OK most days, but Sunday is another story. Actually since I was a teenager, AS I AM GETTING READY FOR CHURCH, I have been tortured with negative thoughts about my body and my looks to the point where i dont feel like going to church anymore. That sneaky devil is such a JERK! Today was just another Sunday of feeling gross. Dont get me wrong, I definately DO NOT dress to impress when i go to church. But I want to feel okay. So I have decided after 15 years of the devil's crap I have made a decision...and you may think I am crazy. Go ahead. But i think I might narrow it down between 2 outfits for Sunday and just alternate every other week. I could honestly give a flying crap if anyone thinks i am weird but i just want to win this battle and not have it be an issue anymore. I would rather spend my time reading something uplifting than playing musical outfits. So I will see if it helps. Just the thought of eliminating the process of deciding what to wear is sooo great! I am such a freaking genius.

11 comments:

Jen and Kent said...

That is BRILLIANT! I have the exact same problem...except for I have 30 pounds to loose. I hate getting ready for church! I am so there with you, babe!

Carrie said...

sorry, Lori...that last comment was me. My sister, Jen was using my computer and I commented in her account. Ooopsie!

McGinnis Family said...

I do not think you are weird at all! I have the same battle and problem on Sunday's as well. Granted, I don't look as fabulous as you do. However, it all matters what we feel about ourselves. I hate my body but, Sunday's are the WORST!!! I hate trying to find an outfit I don't feel BLAH in and feel somewhat acceptable in! I hope your method works! Let me know!

Marci and Morgan said...

Yeah, I have pretty much already given into the 'church uniform' mentality. I learned, during several pregnancies that you need a couple of GREAT outfits, and you just wear them over and over and over again until the next season demands you make a change. Get yourself to DownEast Basics, buy 2 great (cheap) dresses and wear them each week all winter long. If someone cares- I figure it's their problem.

Sarie said...

Oh my gosh. You are the most hilarious person. Seriously. And it's for this reason that I am coming to visit you. Because you make me CRACK UP. And we can laugh while our extra 20 lbs each jiggles.
xoxo

Natalie Black said...

I love it! I have the same drama on Sundays...

Unknown said...

It is so nice to hear that not just you, but all these other commenters have the same Sunday Drama. I DESPISE getting ready on Sunday. I never gave it a thought that it was Satan testing me. You're a thinker! Hope this solution works for you! :)

Marci and Morgan said...

As for whether it was good advice or not- I cannot say, I can say that my life is simpler since switching over- and DownEast Basics is my suggestion because they tend to have seriously cute clothes that are so inexpensive. I figure I have to take advantage before they start realizing there is NO WAY they can continue to sell good stuff that cheap. As to wall color- it IS called Butter- good one! It is from Restoration Hardware- but we bought the sample and took it to a paint store and had them match it. It's a great, mellow yellow. We've loved it.

Sara said...

Lori, I have been doing that for years... so tell me the truth did you think I was a freak in college??? J/K Don't tell me if you did because then I might start to have some Sunday issues! I think two great outfits is the best invention although this pregnancy I think I may just have one great black dress and I'm sure if you asked anyone in the ward they could describe it by heart... oh well. Good Luck and don't get a red and green dress or people might catch on to your trick in Feb. or March! Love Sara

Hanna said...

Hey Lori... dear sweet thing! You are adorable! My solution is Spanks... Good luck with your theory... Maybe that is why I stopped going to church! :) I think your great... Love yourself... It's not worth it in the end to make yourself miserable over 20 lbs!

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/bisa-lewat-5-media-ini-cara-cek-nik-yang-mudah