Monday, July 28, 2008

SHOTS OR YOTS

This is my conversation with hayley about getting her shots for preschool which we have had many times.

Hayley: "mom, will i need to get my shots soon?"
Me: "Yep, i scheduled your appointment for next week."
Hayley: "Noooooooo!" (screaming like I was about to cut off her arm) "what do they feel like?"
Me: "it feels like someone has pinched you" (now she is more hysterical)
Hayley: " can i just get one?"
Me: "We will ask the doctor if you can just get one."
Hayley: "if he gives me more i will run home."
Me: "but Hayley, you need to get them so you stay healthy."
Hayley: "Will i still be 5 after I get my shots?" (still sobbing)
Me: "yes, you will still be five"

LEAH PIPES IN: " will Joseph get his shots too?"
Hayley: "stop talking about it!!!!"
Leah: " I think Joseph might die when he gets his shots (yots)."
Hayley: "Noooooooooooooooo!!!!"

THANK YOU LEAH FOR BEING SO TENDER HEARTED ABOUT SUCH A SERIOUS TOPIC. THAT IS WHY I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

Sarie said...

Daaaang that's funny. She is definitely her father's child. So tough and rough.