Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Days


Sometimes when my kids ask me to make a meal and I am NOT in the mood to whip something up (but I do anyways) I sigh and think to myself how great it is to be a kid and not have a care in the world. I ALSO have to remind myself that I really was a kid once and i most likely ordered my mother around, mostly for McDonalds french fries. I was the 6th child so i am guessing my mom was pretty tired by the time i was making these demands and just simply gave in. Sorry Judy. I am on kid #2 and I am exhausted! What to do?! And I am having another?! I figured I have made it this far and i can keep going. That is why we are usually given 1 kid at a time. (Deep thoughts by Lori.) Anyways, I have been a stress case lately and i need to remind myself that these sweet, innocent children will grow up to be teenagers and may choose to throw something AT me instead of throwing fits. By the way, if you have not seen the movie "Dan in Real Life", go see it. Its one of the best movies I have seen. By the way, if anyone knows where I can get one of those Palos Verdes California t-shirts I am wearing, PLEASE let me know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew. And Lori's deep thoughts are oh so true. I LOVE that movie also and am glad to hear that someone else is going through exactly the same things as me.
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

noelle said...

i remember you at this age and you were so adorable! i'm glad your girls look like you (no offense, matt, you're devastatingly handsome but lori was a really really cute little one).

Crystal said...

Hey Lori,

It's Crystal (Soptich) Lemme! I really wanted to send you a Christmas card this year, but knew I didn't have your current info. So I decided to google your name and happened upon your blog through someone elses log that you had left a comment on. I almost wet my pants! Your family is absolutely adorable! I would love to catch up and hear what you've been up to the past few years, I have a pretty good idea after checking out your blog :). You can checkout my blog if you'd like at lemmefam.blogspot.com. And if you'd like to email me your address (lemmefam@gmail.com), I'd love to send you a Christmas card. Have a fantastic day!

Sarie said...

This picture is priceless! Bring on Lori's deep thoughts. Miss you pregnant chick.

Tracy Giles said...

Hello! Kelly told me about your blog. I love it! We have a blog too, but it's private. Send me and email and I will add you. We miss you guys!
tracy.giles@gmail.com
www.tagandtracy.blogspot.com