Tuesday, October 6, 2009

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY


* Pine-sol . I am addicted. The smell is euphoric to me and it usually means some part of my house is clean and without germies.

*HALLOWEEN -For sure my favorite holiday. 4th of July is a close second. I love that i can hang a "dead foot", as my girls like to call it, and its okay.

* Seeing my girls play WELL together. Sometimes they cant stand eachother but litle do they realize how precious their relationship is and how important they are to eachother.

* The Biggest Loser. I have cried through every episode. Sometimes audibly.

* When Matt wakes from slumber. I love when he emerges from our room peering out into the hall as if he is wondering if its safe to come out into the world of crazy children. This is usually around 2 or 3, right when i can use a little R&R. We will play until he has to go back to work in the pm and now I cant imagine how other women live without their hubbies until 6 or 7!

* Feeding people GOOD food. I love having family or friends over for a meal. Even if its a slice of warm cornbread on a cold day, it makes me happy.

* Finally, my own "a-ha" moments or self-realization when i can clearly see, without feelings of discouragement what i need to improve. Even better, actually improving these things! I have had tid-bits of personal success in the last month or so and it is rejuvinating to me. Watching conference gave me more of these moments.

2 comments:

Derrick and Angie said...

I love you Lori. Wish I could come for a piece of your cornbread because Im sure it is delicious!
Ang

Unknown said...

I so love #'s 3-5. 3; happens more every day & I too, love it. 4; I am overweight & struggling & understand...nuff said. 5; Just think, we live without our hubby's all through the night, unlike most wives! You are so cute & I LOVE reading your posts. :) xoxo