Friday, October 23, 2009

I really, really , really love this man.


Some may know that our actual "courtship" was a long-distance one and VERY short. The majority of people would be SHOCKED if they learned the details. But I knew that I could NOT, absolutely in any way, let him get away.

Thankfully, very thankfully, he felt the same. Really? Me? I look back at pictures of myself as a teenager with my perm and Birkenstocks (scary, right?) and never would have imagined my life as it is now.

Dont get me wrong. I dont like to paint a perfect picture because the reality is you can never get too comfortable in marriage. And i must stop myself from sounding like i am giving advice because surely, i need to be recieving it. I would say my motto would be "what if" because i let the stresses of life get to me and Matt's motto is "whatever". He is alaways reminding me that God has watched over us and we will be okay. I guess that is why we are good together.

I know, without any doubt, God had His eye on both of us, coordinating our lives so that our paths crossed at the perfect time. I highly doubt that God "crosses His fingers" when watching His children stumble through life but i know that He wants us to be happy. I am sure He breathed a sigh of relief when Matt and I finally met. And He continues to watch us, very carefully, hoping that we appreciate His efforts of bringing Matt and I together. The man who married us said that FAILURE WAS NOT AN OPTION. Thats a good thing to remember. Anyways, enough sappiness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

and this is why I love you. You're real.

Natalie Black said...

Thanks for that Lori. It gives me hope - it really is a miracle that two people are brought together at the right time. Love you!

Marci and Morgan said...

Great post, Lori. Not sappy and completely appreciated. You and Matt are truly blessed, and it takes work to stay that way- so good for you.