Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Miss Independant


Dear Reese,
I would like you to take a look at this picture. You belong to a HAPPY family. Well, happy about 95% of the time. But lately you have not been so happy. I understand that you are getting your two front fangs in and that is probably painful. But you did get 4 molars at once and this seems to be much more difficult. Maybe your fingers hurt from chewing on them so much.
I also recognize that you are usually wearing hand me downs. Probably everyday. Is this hurting your identity as favorite child in the family? Is this what its about? An identity crisis? We all do look alike, with the blonde hair and all. People think daddy and i look like brother and sister. So maybe we can weave in some darker extensions for you, so you can stand out a bit.
I also see your frustrations through the physical abuse. i know Leah runs up to you out of no where and slaps you for no reason, but this DOES NOT mean you can slap me across the face. This needs to stop. ASAP. Along with the screaming. I need my ability to hear. Since my eyesight is failing and other body parts are not quite what they were at 20, I would like to be able to hear. Believe me, someday you will be able to talk and express profound gratitude for what an amazing mother I am and I would like to be able to hear those words.
So, maybe we can work on some sign language together and i can buy those videos that teach you how to read when you are like 2 years old. So then you wont be addicted to Dora like some other kid that I know. Even though the pool is closed, i will let you stay in the bath extra long. And i wont make you eat peanut butter and jelly or tasteless mac n cheese while daddy and i eat Cafe Rio.
I will do my best to show you that i still adore you and want to gobble you up everyday. Because i would like to give you a younger sibling to play with, but how things are going right now I might postpone that for a few years. Love ya kid.
Sincerely, MOM

3 comments:

mindy said...

Thanks for the laugh! I did notice in your "about me" section on the right side of the screen, you mention your love for every member of your family except Reese...maybe she knows. :)

Sarie said...

I love it! That could be the same for me except the names would be changed. Dude, I HEAR YOU!

Unknown said...

LOL! THIS is a true journal entry :)