Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Good-bye Cheeze Its. Good-bye Life.

Helllllooo South Beach!

Warning: This post will sound totally vain. Most everyone who knows me knows that i am NOT. Vain over what? I mean, really.
But I have hit a plateau. Meaning the #s on the scale have been stuck. I cant complain. I can kind of eat whatever AS LONG AS I run several times a week. But when you stop seeing changes its kind of depressing.
And this is torture because the weather is turning colder and do you know what that means? Warm comfort food. Mash potatoes, stews, bread dipped in soup...must i go on? Not to mention the festive baked goods!
So, no bread, starches, sugar of any kind. No milk even! No fruit even! Just for a couple of weeks.
The funny thing is that i feel great after the first few days of being a BEAST.
So wish me luck. Its also nice to realize that I DO have self-control especially when all of the Halloween candy is staring you in the face!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I give you a ton of credit- carbs and I have a long-standing love affair and I could never give them up- NEVER! I am quite impressed with your self-control.

Unknown said...

good girl. and good luck. I've been on the "Candida Diet" for 30 days tomorrow & am down 10+ lbs. I've done quite well & I go back to the Dr. on Tues to determine what next. (Candida= no sugar or yeast of any kind or in anything) It was VERY hard at first, but I'm proud to say I've stuck with it & really do feel better.