Thursday, January 29, 2009

I think that my brand new house is haunted.

The light above our bath tub tends to go on and off by itself. Its easy to say "stupid light" when your spouse is right next to you. But when the kids are asleep late at night and you are all by yourself its not so easy to dismiss. Then there are the mornings i wake up to the sound of someone shoveling my sidewalk right outside my bedroom window when..there is...actually no one...outside...shoveling. Every morning I drag the girls to the basement with me to play as I run on the treadmill. A couple a days ago I had finished running and was helping the girls pick up the toys and was wondering why Matt's footsteps were so loud across the floor upstairs. We have wood floors upstairs but this was unusually loud. So I run upstairs to ask what the stomping was about ..and there he is...still asleep. So last night I crawl in bed with happy thoughts of sleep and the bathroom light turns on. Ugh. I try not to think about it, but my mind goes there. I cant help it. I think I have watched too many episodes of MEDIUM. So I turn it off, lay down and focus on my breathing so i can slow my heart rate down. So, To any of you UNSEEN VISITORS, will you please focus your energy on turning OFF my lights so my power bill isnt outrageous? Thanks, I would appreciate it.

4 comments:

Marci and Morgan said...

I feel for you Lori. When Morgan and I first moved into our house there were nights where there were noises so loud- crashing type noises, that we would be out of bed inspecting the entire house with a gun in hand. It's always hard to get used to new house noises- and you're right, there's NO WAY to not let your imagination get the better of you- but the nice part is, after a while, you will cease to hear funny noises- the light is probably shorting or has a wire crossed somewhere. It's sooooo hard to get through at first- but before you know it they will stop altogether. I was dangerously close to calling an exorcist- and if I can live through it- anyone can because no one has a more over-active imagination than me!!!

Unknown said...

so, not to be a weirdo, but have you dedicated your home? If not, maybe Matt ought to be encouraged to do that. :) It may be nothing, but a mind easer. good luck.

Carrie said...

Sweet. You are living in your own episode of the Medium...I love that show. Do you and Matt talk all the time in bed together, too. And do you wake up in the middle of the night from a dream with a big gasp. Seriously though....that is kind of creepy. I think I would already have a for sale by owner sign on our lawn because I am not as brave.

Derrick and Angie said...

That is so funny Lori! I remember one morning being up early and hearing what I thought was a mountain lion in our garage roaring. So I woke up Derrick and asked him to please inspect for me since I needed to go out there to get in the car. He told me I was crazy and there was no lions in our garage. So I went out anyway, thinking that if I get eaten it will be HIS fault and he will have to live with the guilt. Luckily, there was no lion and now whenever I hear "that noise" I just laugh at myself.
But thinking about hearing steps of someone upstairs is just freaky. We don't have basements in OK but I was always afraid in my basement growing up.
Good luck! I love you!