Sunday, October 5, 2008

GROSSED OUT

Okay people...just because I was once a Greenpeace member does NOT mean that I like animals roaming my house. Yes, i do have an almost 6ft boa in our basement. Yes, we do have a lizard and tree frogs. (actually the 7th treefrog just died and the 8th isnt looking so hot). Yes, Leah loves to feed the Lizard mealworms and will sometimes forget she put a few in her pocket. Yes, i did assist in the murder of a rat when i put it in a cooler of dry ice so it could "go to sleep" and make it easier to feed the snake. And YES I just found a giant cricket in my house. Going up the stairs. Maybe to the girls room. i find this revolting. All I can say is this is no wonderland and I aint Alice. Little did I know that when I married Matt, I was marrying into the reptile kingdom.

5 comments:

Sarie said...

All I can say is that you must really love him!! :) The things we do for husbands...

Unknown said...

ugh. dirty. I would definitely NOT put up with reptiles! Mammals gross me out, but reptiles freak me out! nasty.

Jayne Layne said...

Okay, I know I haven't called you yet to chat, but being on bedrest surprisingly doesn't leave me much time to veg and talk talk talk. having people around so often makes it hard too ignore them for phone time. I can't believe you live with all those reptiles. One dog makes me insane.

I asked my bro in law if he knows you from the mission. Jon Layne? He said he knows your husband for sure. I think he said he knew who you were too. small world.

Jek said...

Hey lori,
jayne layne is my sister. I was logged in under her name. sorry
jessica nicol

Kelly said...

If you think of it, you're kind of like Snow White. The animals sense your love for them and they just flock to you. It's a gift.