Friday, May 9, 2008

Let's take a closer look and answer some questions...


Would you think that I am pregnant with twins just by looking at this picture? Probably. Do I want to burn, shred and obliterate every piece of maternity clothing that I have? Absolutely. Will i miss waddling to the bathroom every hour and a half almost every night? Nope. Will i positively throw up just by the thought of someone touching my protruding, extra sensetive belly button? YES, YES and YES. Do i regret addopting Taco Bell's "fourth meal" idea? Yeeaahh. In this picture, was i storing food in my cheeks for later? Maybe. Will the South Beach Diet book become another book of Holy Writ in a month or so? Its very likely. Will Matt get jealous of the quality time i spend with Tony Horton on the P90X workout videos? Yes! Am I worried that my water might break in a public place and that I will hear over a LOUD speaker that "we have an amniotic fluid spill on isle 3!" Uh-huh. Am i excited for a giant needle to go into my back so i dont feel the pain of labor? Heck yes. Am I DYYYING to see my baby's little squished pink face for the first time and hold her close to me? Umm, yeah. Will i hug, kiss and love all over this sweet baby I have been so ecstatic to meet and feel like I want to cry my eyes out? Absolutely and positively. Will all of the waddling, aches , pains, trips to the potty, lack of sleep and weight gain be worth it? YES!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

please, so help me, say that I did not hurt your feelings?!?! I hope you didn't think that I was saying you look BAD in this pic... I just meant you have the "I am so sick of all the lame questions & people staring at me like I'm 4 months over due" look on your face. You really DO NOT LOOK GROSS or BAD or ANYTHING of the such. Please forgive me if I offended you! LOVE YOU!

McGinnis Family said...

You are too, too funny! I totally get and understand where you are coming from!! Don't ya' just reach a point where you think, "GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!!!!" I think you are there! Hang in there mama!

Sarah and Dan said...

Oh, come on...you know you look just fine. That sweatshirt however, needs to go back into the 7-foot tall, man's closet you borrowed it from. The shoulder seam on that thing is halfway down to your elbow! There is no way little skinny Lori is filling that thing up at all!

Sarie said...

Ok this is only funny because you look SO GOOD post/pre pregnancy. You are so in shape and I just picture you bouncing up to my townhouse before you were pregnant all super sporty and cool and good posture and all that. Get real. At least we're frumpy together. My face is lookin', well, ya. And I don't smell good. I better get a call the SECOND that anything happens with your baby or labor. The SECOND.

BRIAR said...

AMEN. I'm right there with you Lori!