Thursday, October 4, 2007

CONFESSION

This may shock some of you but I was voted best dancer in 8th grade, even with no professional training whatsoever...kinda like Willim Hung. This might have been because of my older sister Catherine who was a cheerleader and hip-hop lover. Her skills might have just naturally rubbed off onto me. Even though I may be giving her credit, I must accuse her of producing one of the most painful childhood videos of me. It went down like this. It was a beautiful California afternoon and I am minding my own business. You know, just choreographing my own moves to Duran Duran's "Wild Boys" song on our trampoline. Trying my hardest to pull off Olivia Newton Johns "Grease" dance moves. But instead of tight Black leather pants, I am wearing tight pink sweats with a pink leotard and bunched socks. Give me a break, I was only 8. Anyways, Catherine was video taping me and I must of been proud because i just kept dancing. That video by the way is locked up for good. So I continued to dance. I would sneak in to Mormon youth dances when I was 13. The legal age was 14, but I made it in. And then I attended the infamous Huntington Beach young adult dances throughout highschool and could never get enough. Then in college My girlfriends and i would have dance parties. But now..its a little weird. Ever since I became a mom, my groove has gone down hill. So I just find myself totally rockin out in my car (at night of course) to anything from Gwen to Shakira to ..yes..Duran Duran. And i have found that dancing from the wiast up is just as satisfying. So if you know anyone who is getting married and having a reception with a DJ, give me call.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Lori, I've loved looking at your blog--I am so glad to know you're doing well!! Thanks for letting me know where to find you. My email address is autumnmontgomery@Hotmail.com.

Unknown said...

Lori... I freakin' love you!!! Every time I read one of your blog's I just laugh out loud. I think it's because I read it with your voice, like in my head. It's great. Sure does bring joy to my often bland life! Thanks :o