Monday, November 16, 2009

Hyper Hypos

As, you have read in the previous post, my girls are full of personality & energy. Every night after their bath they are like wild animals. Tonight was no exception. So trying to have Family Home Evening by myself tonight was ridiculous.

Here is how it went:
"Hayley, will you please choose a scripture story to read". Hayley finds the picture of Adam and Eve. i ask her who they are and with a puzzling look she answers "Even?"
I get it... Adam + Eve + garden of Eden = EVEN. Interesting.

Leah then asks if the painting of Eve is Taylor Swift.

I ask Leah where Adam and Eve lived and her answer was "San Francisco".

Not so much.

But people, I am TRYING. Sometimes it is so hard to be Christlike and patient when i have NO patience! Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

as a fellow mother of unruley children whom just don't seem to "get it" sometimes....we have to hold onto the fact that they are learning and picking up on it all. They may not learn about who Adam and Eve are or where they lived but they do know that their mother thinks Family home evening is so important that she has it even when she is going solo. We have to hold onto the hope that all the little things will build big testiomies someday, so hang in there Lori and know that there is at leas one mom going throught the exact same thing and trying to hold on to hope....and trying NOT killing my kids. I ♥ U!!!

Natalie Black said...

Hahahahaha! I luuuv your stories! Lori, you are one of the best moms I know. Keep up the good work, your kids will make it up to you someday. :)

Kenison Family said...

That is great! My siter told me today that I need to write a book called, "The adventures of Rex" He is so crazy! I think it would make mothers feel better about their children! I love your stories though. I think one of these days I need to try having a girl!