Thursday, July 2, 2009

HOME


Why, why, WHY is that not me standing on the beach?!!! UGGGHHH. It almost causes me physical pain to even look at the picture. Because you see, i spent many summers on that beach, without a care, without knowing how i was aging myself by just LYING there. My worry then was making sure my tan lines were just right. But soon, I will take my kids to that beach and i will tell them lots of stories as i am smearing SPF all over them. Someday. Hopefully soon.
(Thanks to Jenn who took that picture while in Palos Verdes..she shares this love too.)

1 comment:

MaryClaire Brown said...

so, i was just thinking today how happy i was that we were finally able to go to the pool for several hours twice this week. and, then i saw this, and the pool doesn't seem so great anymore. man, i miss that place. good thing i'm going there in august. really, i don't think i'll ever be able to go a summer of my life without a trip to MY beach. it is mine you know. you probably think it's yours, and that's fine too. if only, we still lived there and we could just call each other and say i'll meet you there or i'm coming to pick you up. and, if only we still looked so sexy in those bikinis we wore there. man, and to think we didn't appreciate it half as much as we should have. seriously though, thanks for giving me a few minutes to really be grateful for the place and the way i grew up. i'm just so glad you were a part of it.

i miss you btw. why don't we play more?