Monday, August 13, 2007

A memorable trip to Illinois


A few months ago I decided to frame pictures of my ancestors and Matt's ancestors. This was no small project! Not only collecting the pictures took time , but getting the right frames for the right size of picture in the right place was not a simple thing...not for me anyways. Needless to say, I spent alot of time looking at their faces, realizing that because of them, I am here! That we were all connected. My mom has the same pictures on her wall and so she has helped me learn who they are and what their stories were. This may sound funny, but I feel like they know my story just as much as I know theirs. So we when we were in Illinois , where my Mom's side comes from, we visited their graves and learned even more about them. Grave sites use to creep me out but now I feel differently.

No comments: